The role of church treasurer is rich, varied and consistently rewarding… But it can also be complex.
ACAT exists to ensure that you can get the most out of your role as treasurer. We have a wealth of experience and resources to help those that are new to the position as well as those who have been in the role for some time.
We are continually updating and developing our resources based on changes to the law and feedback from our members.
The benefits of joining ACAT include:
● An ever expanding handbook, currently with some 25 chapters covering everything a treasurer might need from bookkeeping to fundraising via Health & Safety.
● A regular newsletter keeping members informed of recent changes in legislation, charity news and upcoming ACAT training courses.
● Online advice for members via a contact form. Just write your questions together with your contact details and one of our experts will get back to you with advice.
● Telephone advice number for members. When you call the number, leave your voice message together with your telephone number and one of our experts can ring you back.
● Training courses run at many locations across the UK. These are continually updated and adapted so as to address current issues.
● Conference in London with specialist keynote speakers. This is a great opportunity to meet and learn from other treasurers while also browsing a variety of exhibitor stalls. (Please check News section for dates and reviews of the most recent conference)
● Specialist online training tutorials that have been specially developed for church treasurers.